Custom Home Building Tip No 4 – Timeline
Custom home construction contains many unknowns and can be overwhelming—especially if you’re unsure where to start or experience a hiccup in the planning process. Depending on square footage, weather conditions, and the availability of workers and supplies, the construction of a new home can take anywhere from three months to a year.
To help you better understand the steps in building a custom house, we’ve provided a basic construction timeline below:
FAIRMONT CUSTOM HOMES BASIC TIMELINE
1. Our process starts by creating a preliminary floor plan, if you do not have plans already.
2. Once the design agreement with Fairmont Homes is signed we will schedule appointments with a couple of our designer/ architects to interview.
3. The designer/architect will prepare a set of preliminary blue prints for preliminary pricing.
4. If the preliminary numbers work for you, we enter an agreement to build your home.
5. We will begin a selection process with vendor visits to confirm allowance amounts are adequate for your selections.
6. The architect will complete the plans and we meet again for a final review.
7. If the process begins today, we are approximately about 3-4 months away from starting construction. Pending a construction loan approval.
8. We typically start construction about 30 days after the construction loan closes.
9. Construction should take 9-12 months to complete with many variables, and the biggest is the timeliness of signed/final selections.
10. Thank you for considering Fairmont Custom Homes. Contact us today to get started:
Fairmont Custom Homes
*Note: The above is only a best guess at an early stage and could change without notice.