Stage Curb Appeal for Web Appeal
When buyers visit a potential home, they often make a mental list of the upgrades or repairs they’ll need to pay for if they decide to make an offer. These days, buyers create similar lists when viewing homes online, and if the images don’t showcase your home in the best light, it could delay the sale.
The exterior of the home is typically the first image they’ll see, so it’s important to stage the outside. Stage curb appeal for web appeal with these tips.
1. Declutter the lawn. The most basic staging principle is to remove any signs of personality, and that includes the outdoors. Store wacky lawn chairs, children’s toys, lawn ornaments or any other items that can distract the buyer.
2. Stage the garage. This especially applies if your home has a front-facing garage. If your doors have seen better days, consider replacing them with a modern model. Set aside time to the clear out any clutter – buyers want space for their vehicles.
3. Power wash the deck. Rent a power washer and clear off the deck and any other outdoor structures that have accumulated debris. Be sure to remove leaves if you’re selling in the fall.
4. Maintain the landscape. Mow the lawn on a regular basis, trim back overgrown bushes and prune dead limbs from trees. Sweep away any dirt or leaves from your front steps. Flowers will add a pop of color and invite buyers in – just be sure to water them frequently.
5. Update fixtures. Inspect your property for any signs of disrepair, such as broken storm doors or porch lights. Update your house numbers with a fresh set easily visible from the street.
Source: RISMedia’s Housecall
Connect with us: Facebook – Twitter – LinkedIn – YouTube – Pinterest – Google+ – HOUZZView Our Communities – View our available new home floor plans – View our photo gallery
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.